Below you’ll find helpful hints if you’re stuck on your next quilting.
Helpful Hints for Pre-Cut Fabric Sizes
- Charm packs are 5×5 squares that contain 40-42 square pieces in each pack. One pack is equal to 1/2 a yard of fabric.
- Layer cakes are 10×10 squares that contain 40-42 square pieces in a pack. One pack is equal to 2 3/4 yards of fabric.
- Jelly rolls are 2 1/2- inch strips x 40 to 42 inches long. The set contains 40 strips that equal 2 3/4 yards of fabric.
- Fat quarters are 18 inch x 22 inch pieces. The set contains between 8 to12 pieces. Four pieces are about 1 yard of fabric.
- Fat quarter bundles contain 12-20 pieces of fat quarters. Four pieces equal about 1 yard of fabric.
Helpfuls Hint For Charm Pack
Size does not include borders
This chart will help you determine how many charm packs you will need based on the size quilt you want. Remember the size does not include borders.
Helpful Hints for Layer Cakes
This chart will help you determine how many layer cakes you will need based on the size quilt you want. Borders are not included in the size and adding them makes your quilt larger.
Helfpul Hints For Jelly Rolls
Here are the number of strips you can cut from one yard of fabric.
|1.5 Inches||23 Strips|
|2 inches||17 Strips|
|2.5 Inches||13 Strips|
|3 Inches||11 Strips|
|3.5 Inches||10 Strips|
|4 Inches||8 Strips|
|4.5 Inches||7 Strips|